1. During his college days, Amit Trivedi joined a band called Om. Times Music took notice of it and offered to launch their album but it didn’t do well due to lack of promotion.
2. Amit Trivedi also gave music for theatre, background music for television shows, live performances, dandiya shows and orchestras. He even composed jingles for brands like McDonalds and Airtel.
3. Amit Trivedi got his first big break when his friend Shilpa Rao introduced him to Anurag Kashyap. He then made music for Anurag Kashyap’s DevD and rest is history.
4. He was awarded the prestigious R. D. Burman Award and a Filmfare Award for Best Background Score for DevD in 2010. He also received the National Film Award for Best Music Direction.
5. Trivedi wrote the score for the 2009 Hindi Film- Wake Up Sid and one of his compositions “Iktaara” became the most famous song of the movie.
6. Amit Trivedi was very naughty as a kid. He also didn’t do very well at school and was expelled from History class for a whole year. “I have now turned sober and feel that all my naughtiness has got transferred to my music”, he says.
Image Source: Wikipedia
7. Remember Abhijit Sawant from Indian Idol? Amit Trivedi composed the title track of Abhijit Sawant’s first Album Junoon!
Watch how 100 musicians gave Amit Trivedi a tribute recently.
Source: The LIVE100 Experience