With just a few days left for Star Wars: The Last Jedi’s release, fans are gearing up for a long-awaited return of the Star Wars reign. It is set to hit theaters on 15 December, nearly two years after the debut of its predecessor, The Force Awakens. Helmed by Rian Johnson, the second episode of the current trilogy, The Last Jedi will resolve the mysteries of The Force Awakens. Let’s talk about the things that you should know about The Last Jedi.
The Stellar Cast
Fans will get to see familiar faces from both the The Force Awakens and previous Star Wars films in Star Wars: The Last Jedi. The main trio of the movie comprises of Rey (Daisy Ridley), Luke (Mark Hamill) and Kylo Ren (Adam Driver). Alongside the deadly three, we will see Finn (John Boyega), Poe Dameron (Oscar Isaac), Captain Phasma (Gwendoline Christie), Supreme Leader Snoke (Andy Serkis), General Hux (Domhnall Gleeson), Maz Kanata (Lupita Nyong’o), R2-D2 (Jimmy Vee), C-3PO (Anthony Daniels), BB-8 (voiced by both Bill Hader and Ben Schwartz), Chewbacca (Peter Mayhew) and General Leia Organa in the movie. Laura Dern, Benicio Del Toro and newcomer Kelly Marie Tran are additions to the cast.
Sneak Peek Into The Story
The script for Star Wars: The Last Jedi is written by Rian Johnson. The overarching story will focus on fleshing out the identities of the trilogy’s major players. It will continue the journey of Rey to find her place in the galaxy with the help of Luke Skywalker and Kylo Ren. The Last Jedi is set to pick up right where the last Star Wars movie left off with Rey offering Luke his old light saber after he finds him living in a self-imposed exile on Ahch-To. We can’t wait to see what happens next and how the journey unfolds!
- The Last Jedi is going to answer a lot of important questions including why Luke didn’t respond to Leia during The Force Awakens.
- Rey will be seen in a remote location with a Jedi master.
- The movie is said to be darker that the previous part.
- It will also be the longest Star Wars movie yet.
- The Last Jedi team reconstructed the interior of the Millennium Falcon- which had been impeccably put together for The Force Awakens on a pinewood stage by art director Mark Harris.
- One of our favorite cinema bromances ever- Finn and Poe will get better than ever!
- Tom Hardy is rumored to have a cameo in the film.